Thursday 6 January 2011

Yo Dudes!

After my Retirement Announcement yesterday I sat back & considered my future employment situation & what I could do. And after a matter of "seconds" I realised that I'd better stick to making cards!!
I had planned on becoming a Domestic Goddess this year as a New Years Resolution, but my ever-lovin' family just gave me "that" look...you know the one...reminded me about my Xmas Cake disasters (yes Disasters-plural...I'll explain in a mo') and my mind was made up. So I'm back...sorry!
Yep...I had a second Xmas cake disaster...for my regular "subjects" you may remember my Xmas cake saga before Christmas. One cake ended up as bird food (death sentence!) & the other was just about edible (No family members were harmed in the eating of my cake). However, as Xmas passed & New Year approached I noticed that the icing was starting to sag, like a pair of saggy knicks, but worse...the colour had changed from a snowy white to a browny colour (please don't go there...I know what you're thinking...filthy beasts!!). I didn't dare chuck it out to the birds, so put it the bin...but my bin-man is now wearing a back-brace since dragging away our trash last week!
My card today is for a young man celebrating his 11th Birthday & what better digi to use than Simon from Mo's Digital Pencil. I just love the laid-back style...perfect for this age group. The DP is from the Retro Stack from DCWV & the lettering is from Basic Grey.

Entering it at -
Charisma Cardz - Birthday

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you do make me laugh, you are a complete and utter loony bin !!!! See the pun there "bin" lol

gorjuss card chic, as always, dont give up crafting your my partner in crime lol xx

Heather said...

*giggle, giggle* So glad to hear your retirement has been very short lived. RE: being a domestic goddess I think you should stick to what you're good at i.e. amazing cards! Being a goddess would require so much more work, not worth the effort, surely!

Faye said...

This is fab, the cool paper is perfect for this lad. Defo stick to cards sweets!

Marlene said...

Your card is lovely, and I am so glad you came out of retirement. Domestic diva just isn't in the cards, baby. Face it.

Elaine L. said...

This card is just perfect for the theme this week! I love the papers and the way you've colored the image. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Leah l'Orange said...

LOVE this card. he's adorable, and the simplicity of the layout is fantastic. thanks for playing with the Charisma Gals this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...