Wednesday 18 May 2011

Cateringly Challenged & Happy Anniversary!

"Happy Anniversary to Me! Happy Anniversary to Me!"
Yes...15 years ago today the line "Thou shalt Cook Heavenly Meals" was quickly crossed out of my wedding vows by the vicar. It's also 15 years ago today that the "Gaviscon Man of the Year" award was first given out...funny how my OH has won it every year since!!
It is true...I am 'challenged' in the catering department & the smoke alarm has become the signal that dinner is ready. Only yesterday my 'favourite' daughter asked if the sausages I'd just dished up were cooked properly as they had a 'meaty' appearance as opposed to their usual charcoaled look. We don't use knives & forks, we have sledge-hammers n' chisels!!
I shall prepare a romantic salad tonight to celebrate my OH's 'endurance'...can't go wrong there.
This was my card for the poor man...this is Imperfection & Vintage Stove from Mo's Digital Pencil, coloured with Promarkers & glitter & mounted onto some bazzill mint green card with Card Candy blobs to finish. Sentiment reads..."Smoke alarm's gone off...Dinner's ready!"

Entering it at -
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes
Stamps r Us - Digi Challenge
Totally Papercrafts - Anniversary



8 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

You are funny :) I titter along with you almost on every post.

Happy Anniversary to you both, hope you enjoy your 'salad'.

Lots of love Mandy xxx

Shannon White said...

Darling card! Very fitting for your celebration! Woderful coloring too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

Tracey said...

LOL, love it Jane - fabulous card, great words which made me giggle.
Hope you had a fabulous anniversary & hubby didn't need the Gaviscon after the salad!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha! Ha! So funny. Fab card - the colouring is perfect and I love your sentiment.
Hope you enjoyed a lovely salad!
Thanks for joining our 'Anniversary' challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
Caroline xxx

Uhooi said...

The cards are very creative and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

MaudMartha said...

Hilarious - lovely card and I like the sentiment. Hope you had a romantic evening with hubby. Our tea is nearly always burnt too. Teresa x

Marlene said...

Lovin' yer glitzy card.

So sorry I missed your anniversary! Happy belated one!!! Since you've posted other bloggy posts after this one, I presume you didn't kill anyone with the salad.

Beth said...

Hee hee! This made me chuckle! Such a fun image and I love how you've personalised it! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...