Monday 22 February 2016

MFT Guest Designer- Day 1

I'm thrilled to be joining My Favorite Things (MFT) for a few days as a Guest Designer, thank you so much for having me.
My cards today all have a Rainbow theme using many of the new products released by MFT earlier this month.


Regular stalkers to my blog will know of my recent addiction to alcohol inks, so for this card I used them to create a background of rainbow colours. Once dried, I used the larger Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX to die cut my frame, adhered that to my card base and then die-cut a Stitched Rainbow from the left-over centre piece. 
MFT has an amazing selection of what I call 'non-occasion' sentiment stamps. Stamps for times other than birthdays, Christmas, etc. Sometimes it's nice just to send someone a message of encouragement and the Rainbow of Happiness set is just perfect. A few 'regulation' sequins and this card is finished.


For my second card I created a more landscaped-looking background using my alcohol inks. I used the largest Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX again but this time I just used the centre panel with it's elegant stitched edge and added a sentiment, again from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set.


My final card for today features another alcohol inked background to create a sky scene. Once more I used the Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX for my centre panel and die-cut a Stitched Rainbow that I coloured with my Zig markers. The clouds are from the new Die-namics Lucky set and the sentiment from the Pure Innocence Sunny Thoughts set.
I think we'd all agree that MFT's February release has been as amazing as ever.

6 comments:

creatingincolors said...

I saw your cards on the MFT blog this morning and then jumped over here to check out your blog. OMG you are a master of alcohol inks and have inspired me! Needless to say I'm now following your blog.

Ali said...

Eek mft - check you out!!! Loving these so bright and cheerful xxx

cindybearj said...

I love alcohol inks and your cards are just beautiful! What kind of paper did you use with the alcohol inks? Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Amazing cards, each of them are just so colorful and fun! Congrats on the MFT guest designing, you will be a real treasure for them!

Chrissy said...

Oh WOW!!...no choosing a favourite here..they are all outstanding..those colours are superb..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Okay..I really love the first one and congrats on your GDT..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...