Tuesday 26 October 2010

It's Happened To Us All!!

I'm back - YAY!!!
So yesterdays "Day Trip" was a success...we left the Dentists with a "thumbs up" from the "nice lady"...but I think it was more to do with the fact I had saved her bacon.
The kids were seen first for their check-ups & came out with glowing reports, a sticker & a balloon each. This made me laugh as Sof's now 13 years old & Oliver's 10 going on 17!!! Whilst they sat in the waiting-room blowing up their new toys making rude - farty noises, I layed back on "the" chair and awaited my fate.

My hearing's rubbish & I was convinced the "nice lady" was asking me questions & I kept trying to answer with my mouth full of her hand!! So each time I came up for air, I had to ask her to repeat herself only to find out she was talking "dentist-speak" to her assistant. Then the dreaded words "you need an X-Ray" hit my deaf ears!
Off I trundled to what resembled a store-room next door, HUGE bits of plastic were wedged in my cheeks & my dentist made a quick exit before she was zapped with radiation. As she left I noticed her skirt was caught up in her knickers, I tried desperately to get her attention but it's almost impossible to breath let alone yell with yer gob full of dentistry equipment!!! So the door closed, I was alone & she was in the corridor of pateints!!! Upon her return I gave her the bad news (poor woman) and she then gave me good news (think that was pay-back) that my teeth were ok! PHEW!!
Are you still awake...?
Onto my card, this is another one to add to my SILs Xmas Gift Set. This is Melody in Love from Pollycraft coloured with ProMarkers & Stickles, the gorgeous autumnal paper is from my fav Basic Grey collection, Indian Summer, punched out mini-flowers with red gem centres.

Entering it at -
Little Red Wagon - Hearts
Stamp Something - Digi Challenge
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle (2nd Entry)



6 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Jane. Love her autumnal hair, and the DP you have chosen is perfect for her. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Faye said...

Lovely warm colours. And I like the little flowers. As for the dentist - result! Have some choklit to celebrate! xxx

Karen said...

Ooooh very nice, love the colours you've used, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

WeirdCat said...

Great card, LOL at the dentist story! Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruthx

Marlene said...

Your card is adorable - but your story is a freaking hoot!!!!! I can't stand going to the dentist...serves her right that her skirt was caught in her knickers. She's inflicted far too much pain on too many people. Time to show what she's really made of! HA HA HA.

Heather said...

*giggle* Thanks for making me smile! Love the card, the flowers are spot on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...