Sunday 24 December 2017

Distress Ink Festiveness

Just time to squeeze in the card I made for my gardening clients this year.

I really enjoyed making these. I've been struck with the mixed media bug and am now experimenting with lots of new mediums, paste, gels, blah, blah, blah....I love it!

So for these cards I set up a kinda conveyor belt of stages as I had lots to make. I used a stitched square die first to create my card centrepieces and smooshed 3 different colours of distress inks and set them aside to dry.

I applied Liquitex Super Heavy Gel medium through a circle stencil and added a blue glitter before it dried. I've said it before (yawn) but I love this gel, it's great for adding texture and dimension.

A few sequins next, strategically me, sequin placement in just the right spot is a skill worthy of a university degree

To finish I added foam tape to the back for a little bit more dimension to the card.
So, just 1 more sleep until the big day.
I hope Santa spoils you all rotten, but more importantly, don't forget to squeeeeeze the ones you love and tell 'em so.
Have fun!!

Friday 22 December 2017

Alcohol Ink Festiveness

Is it Christmas yet?
We're on the final countdown. Santa's probably buffing his sleigh, warming up the reindeer and unknotting the curly ribbon on our gifts as I scribe.
I love Christmas!

This year, as threatened promised, all of my family and friends got an alcohol ink painting, albeit a very tiny one, about 2 inches square to be precise.
I made 1 HUGE painting (seem to have mislaid that photo....Doh!), then chopped it up into tiny portions for each card.

I added some Gloss White Nuvo Crystal Drops et voila! Job done.

Just 3 more sleeps....Yay!

Saturday 16 December 2017

MFT - Bold Blooms

Today I have a really easy-peasy card to share with you using the dotty stamp from MFT's Bold Blooms.

I used a selection of Versacolor inks in rainbow colours and dotted a pattern across my piece of card.

Once I'd stamped my pattern, I used Altenew's Bold Alphabet die-set to cut the letters for the name, in this case 'Beata', plus 3 additional sets of letters from scraps of white card. 

I stuck my patterned piece to my card base, added the white letters back into the gaps with glue and the dotty letters on last. The extra white letters give the dotty letters some dimension and make the name stand out. 

See....told yer...easy peasy. The hardest part, as per, was getting the sequins in just the right

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...