Sunday 24 December 2017

Distress Ink Festiveness


Just time to squeeze in the card I made for my gardening clients this year.


I really enjoyed making these. I've been struck with the mixed media bug and am now experimenting with lots of new mediums, paste, gels, blah, blah, blah....I love it!


So for these cards I set up a kinda conveyor belt of stages as I had lots to make. I used a stitched square die first to create my card centrepieces and smooshed 3 different colours of distress inks and set them aside to dry.


I applied Liquitex Super Heavy Gel medium through a circle stencil and added a blue glitter before it dried. I've said it before (yawn) but I love this gel, it's great for adding texture and dimension.


A few sequins next, strategically placed...trust me, sequin placement in just the right spot is a skill worthy of a university degree course....lol.


To finish I added foam tape to the back for a little bit more dimension to the card.
Ta-Da!!
So, just 1 more sleep until the big day.
I hope Santa spoils you all rotten, but more importantly, don't forget to squeeeeeze the ones you love and tell 'em so.
Have fun!!

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Jane and I'm sure your clients will love them..Merry Christmas..as I'm writing this message it is Christmas morning here and nearly time for work..but not for too long then have chickens and things to cook..Hope you have a wonderful day when it comes..

Luv CHRISSYxx

conil said...

Back atcha, girl. These are a wow! I'm totally envious of your clients.

Hoping the old guy in the red suit makes your holiday as special as you are. Merry Christmas

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous design and love the colours and textures, have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Hope Santa spoils you too. Great mixed media cards and loving the bling. Merry Christmas and here's to a Healthy, Happy and Crafty 2018 x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...