Sunday 7 January 2018

New Year, New Beginnings



Well ahoy there and welcome to 2018 on my wee bloglet.
Something a bit different from me today and a step away from anything I've ever done before.


Just before Christmas I thought I'd have a go at some different mediums and make personalised gifts for the family.


This is the first in a series of wooden initials that I altered with a selection of pastes, gels, paints, stencils and 3d elements.


I have fallen in love with these mediums and have become a bit of a magpie, hunting n' hoarding bits of string, scraps of cardboard and random bits of recycling.


I think this will be my crafty passion for the year ahead and I hope to incorporate my other love, alcohol inks, into my creations later on in the year when I can open windows and get better ventilation. 


So for now, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and Happy Crafting!




3 comments:

conil said...

Tell me more. This initial project is gorgeous.

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year to You Jane and my goodness you've started well with this stunning project, I love it and so personal for the recipient, it's such a wonderful idea and you've embellished it with gorgeous bits and pieces, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Happy New Year Jane and looks like we are in for some treats from your craftroom..I was given a heap of alphabet letters for Christmas and some inks, so we will be spraying and choking together...should be a lot of fun..FABulous project and loving the green..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...