Thursday 11 January 2018

Mixed Media Heart




Today I have another mixed media project that I made for a friend for Christmas.


This time I decorated a wooden heart and added 2 frames to include all of the family members.


 The heart was prepped with white gesso before adding a thick layer of white crackle paste to give it an aged, shabby chic look. I also added extra texture (although you can't see it very well in these photos) with a Cell Theory stencil and texture paste.


The exciting bit is adding all of the decorations and embellishments.


I used art stones, wedding accessories, flowers, glitter, wooden embellishments, Christmas table decorations, glass stones....you name it, I used it....lol.


I used Metallique acrylic paints for the pink highlights...


...and then white gesso again to tone down the colours where they were a tad too brash.


More mixed media projects to follow, so I'll be back soon. 
Still learning and still lovin'.


2 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW...lovely Jane..love all the beads and bobble details and the sparkle attracts me like a magpie..beautiful colours too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, your heart is absolutely gorgeous, so beautifully embellished, loving the colours of your flowers, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...