Sunday 25 June 2017

Alcohol & Acrylic Inking Update

Following on from my recent attempt (cough!) at making a YouTube video (don't snigger!), I thought you might like to see the card that I made with the finished piece plus a couple of others.

 I actually did another inking off-camera and managed to get the 2 wide cards (above & futher down) from that piece.

 The 6x6 square card above came from a section of the one I made on film.

I did wipe both original pieces over with a wet wipe just before I assembled these into cards as the pink was coming off on my fingers (not sure why). A wipe with a wet one across the sheets and 2 mins to dry settled the pink for good and it no longer rubs off (Phew!)

So there you go. Inks are great fun and I love the randomness of the patterns.
If you want to watch the video on how I got this look click here or you can watch it over on my Youtube channel here.

Thursday 22 June 2017

You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog

My card today was super quick to make and features an older stamp set called Dogs from Inkadinkado. 
I stamped the hounds with VersaColor inks, added googly-eyes and a sentiment from MFT's Lucky Dog stamp set.
Job done!

Friday 16 June 2017

A Bounty of Blissful Blooms

First a huge THANK YOU for the kind words sent to me following my first foray into crafting videos on YouTube.
I hope to do more soon.
 I made this card for my very special auntie Diane.
I started by stamping the floral images (MFT's Blissful Blooms) onto a piece of  6"×6" card and did some simple colouring with Promarkers. I then die-cut the name (Altenew's Bold Alphabet) from the coloured panel and also from some white Funky Foam. I stuck the Funky Foam letters back into the card and then the coloured letters on top to give some dimension. I stamped out a few more flowers onto a scrap of card, fussy-cut and added those too.
A few white-pen highlights & sequins to finish.

Thanks for stopping by and have a groovy weekend x

Monday 12 June 2017

VIDEO - Alcohol & Acrylic Inking

Today I'm sharing my first ever YouTube video using Rangers Alcohol Inks and Liquitex Acrylic Inks.

The video took about 10 attempts as the dog barked, BT rang to try and sell me their internet services, my son sneezed or my other inkings failed. My bin is overflowing with inky disasters but I a version I'm happy with.
I hope you enjoy it too.

I used an A4 piece of 200gsm / 74lb sheet Yupo, Rangers Alcohol Inks (Cool Peri, Snow Cap, Wild Plum & Shell Pink), Liquitex Acrylic Inks (Deep Violet, Prussian Blue Hue & Turquoise Deep) and water & Blending Solution in Mini Mister.


You can see the card I made with the finished piece here.

Friday 9 June 2017

Acrylic Pouring No 6

I made this card back at Easter time so I can't remember exactly what 'ingredients' I used to make it, but it would have involved inexpensive acrylic paints, Liquitex Pouring Medium, Floetrol or PVA glue, a few drops of hair serum and water.

If you go on YouTube and search for 'Acrylic Pouring', you will find lots of videos and tutorials on how to do this. If you scroll through my earlier attempts at Acrylic Pouring (see sidebar for links) you'll see some basic tutorials and also information on the lady who introduced me to this medium, Annemarie Ridderhof. She now has over 100 video tutorials and experiments on Youtube and I still highly recommend checking her out.

This would have been made on acrylic paper and as with all of my finished pieces, when it's dry I find a section that I can cut out to create a card centrepiece.

On this one, I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops just for some added interest.
Have a groovy weekend, I'm off to play with my old favourites...alcohol inks...Yay!

Friday 2 June 2017

Baby Card

A whole heap of cutesie-patootsie today, in the shape of a new baby card.

I used a scalloped border die from MFT to create the two edges to my piece of 6" × 6" card. 

I ummmed n' arrred over this Tweet on You stamp set (again from MFT) for weeks before I caved in and bought it. I'm a typical Libran... indecisive. Takes me ages to make my mind up and usually stock runs out when I finally decide to spend my

I think this is an older set and I'm so glad I bought the dies too as the baby would have been getting married by the time I'd fussy cut all the bits out.
Instead of breaking the individual dies up, I ran the whole piece through my Cuttlebug. At least I won't lose little bits in the future. I then stamped the images on to the tiny cut-outs and coloured them with Promarkers.

I Distress Inked the centre of my card base with Tumbled Glass and then added my scalloped-edged pieces with foam pads for a bit of dimension. I had to cut them down a bit to leave the blue gap in between showing. (Hope this all makes sense)

The little 'wabbit' is from the super-cute 'Snuggle Bunnies' stamp set, also from MFT, this one I did fussy cut, but it was dead easy.
I then set about sticking all the bits down with glue or foam pads. I didn't use all the pieces in the end....less is more.

The baby's name was made with the Classic Alphabet die set from Memory Box.
To finish I added white & black doodling to some of the flowers and the butterflies, glossy accents to the name and some sequins.
I didn't add a sentiment, that way the card can be put into a frame and turned into a picture for the baby's room if required.
Tiz the weekend now...have a good one and as always, thanks for visiting xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...