Friday 2 June 2017

Baby Card


A whole heap of cutesie-patootsie today, in the shape of a new baby card.


I used a scalloped border die from MFT to create the two edges to my piece of 6" × 6" card. 


I ummmed n' arrred over this Tweet on You stamp set (again from MFT) for weeks before I caved in and bought it. I'm a typical Libran... indecisive. Takes me ages to make my mind up and usually stock runs out when I finally decide to spend my pennies...lol


I think this is an older set and I'm so glad I bought the dies too as the baby would have been getting married by the time I'd fussy cut all the bits out.
Instead of breaking the individual dies up, I ran the whole piece through my Cuttlebug. At least I won't lose little bits in the future. I then stamped the images on to the tiny cut-outs and coloured them with Promarkers.


I Distress Inked the centre of my card base with Tumbled Glass and then added my scalloped-edged pieces with foam pads for a bit of dimension. I had to cut them down a bit to leave the blue gap in between showing. (Hope this all makes sense)


The little 'wabbit' is from the super-cute 'Snuggle Bunnies' stamp set, also from MFT, this one I did fussy cut, but it was dead easy.
I then set about sticking all the bits down with glue or foam pads. I didn't use all the pieces in the end....less is more.


The baby's name was made with the Classic Alphabet die set from Memory Box.
To finish I added white & black doodling to some of the flowers and the butterflies, glossy accents to the name and some sequins.
I didn't add a sentiment, that way the card can be put into a frame and turned into a picture for the baby's room if required.
Tiz the weekend now...have a good one and as always, thanks for visiting xx

4 comments:

Ali said...

Aww this is gorgeous xxx

jc2711 said...

Beautiful card :)

Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, this is so pretty, beautifully designed and coloured, a perfect new baby card, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

So cute and adorable. You've created such a pretty scene and loving the personalisation of the card. So thoughtful x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...