Monday 12 June 2017

VIDEO - Alcohol & Acrylic Inking


Ahoy!
Today I'm sharing my first ever YouTube video using Rangers Alcohol Inks and Liquitex Acrylic Inks.


The video took about 10 attempts as the dog barked, BT rang to try and sell me their internet services, my son sneezed or my other inkings failed. My bin is overflowing with inky disasters but I have.....finally....got a version I'm happy with.
I hope you enjoy it too.



I used an A4 piece of 200gsm / 74lb sheet Yupo, Rangers Alcohol Inks (Cool Peri, Snow Cap, Wild Plum & Shell Pink), Liquitex Acrylic Inks (Deep Violet, Prussian Blue Hue & Turquoise Deep) and water & Blending Solution in Mini Mister.

EDIT

You can see the card I made with the finished piece here.


7 comments:

Tammy said...

Well done Janie, love what you created and kudos to you for making a video! Love hearing your voice!

Craft-E-Place said...

Great video! Fabulous to see how you create your beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing
Elaine

jc2711 said...

Brilliant, would never have known this is your first video. Really enjoyed seeing what you did.

Jackie

conil said...

I like very much especially the tips along the way in your narrative. The colors are delicious...think shopping is in my future.

Chrissy said...

I loved your video Jane and the end result is gorgeous..love the colours.

luv CHRISSYxx

Mac Mable said...

Like it...I love it. I learnt such a lot and thank you for doing the experimenting for us! Would never have thought to use the acrylics with the alcohol inks and hen blending solution with water. Another technique on my to do list! Such a calming voice and loved the delivery x Great piece of art that you have produced, thank you for sharing x Great first video, well done x

Rufus said...

It may have taken a number of takes, thank you pups!, but it was worth it, at least to me, lol. The piece is gorgeous and I hadn't thought of the acrylic inks....hmmm the wallet is cringing. Thanks for doing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...