Monday 24 January 2011

World Gawn Mad...AGAIN!!

Is it me or has the whole world gawn stark-raving mad. Everyday something happens or someone says something & I start to doubt my own sanity...maybe I'm the one that's mad...(don't answer that!)
On Friday I asked my OH to get off the train from work one stop further than his ticket allowed in order to meet up & go for a meal. He's been very busy of late & deserved a treat (from my awful catering skills!!). As he is an annual season ticket holder he is entitled to a discount off any further train tickets he should buy, however, in order to get this discount he needs to deal with a Human & NOT a Machine as they lack the skills required to calculate such a tricky sum. With this in mind & the lack of a Human at the start of his journey he approached the Ticket-Man at the end of his journey to pay the extra. He was then taken aside & told he'd have to pay a £20 fine for not paying earlier & the cost of the ticket or get back on a train & return to his normal station. Needless to say I had to drive back to his usual stop & pick him up...my plan to de-stress him for the weekend ruined...more DISTRESSED!! RAH!!!
Thank goodness for card-making to relieve my angst. This is one of my new LOTV stamps. coloured with ProMarkers, the papers are from Doodlebug, punched flowers with pearly centres & a glitzy, squirt of glitter to finish.

Entering it at -
The Secret Crafter - It's a Couple Thing
Simply Create - Punches
The Crafty Pad - Something Girly

6 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

What a cute card ! lovely done,
have a nice day,
greetings,
martina
x

Tracey said...

Sorry your plan to de-stress your hubby didn't work out but hopefully you had a good weekend anyway.

I love this beautiful card, the papers, the image, your fab colouring - Everything!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Barbara said...

Your furry resulted in a beautiful card. Love the card design, the image and the BLING. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
We all have days like this unfortunately but you just can't let it get to you. My son's quote: "It is what it is." Hope your dinner was enjoyable and best wished for a less stressful week. Hugs XX

Marlene said...

Stinkin' adorable card!

Your poor hubby. Tell him he's not alone. The world is being run by "C" students...and sadly, he ran into one. Happens to me every day.

li-bee-ti said...

I'm so sorry to see that your plan didn't work out. I do hope you managed to make up for it.
I love your card! It is so delicate and beautiful. The image is so sweet and your coloring is wonderful.
Thank you for playing with us at Simply Create, and I hope you'll join us on our new challenge too.

Lorraine said...

Yep. World gone mad and a jobsworth to boot. How daft was that? Still, you made a gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...