Monday 5 March 2012

International Rescue...

After last weeks sunny skies & warmer days, yesterdays mixture of heavy rain, flurries of snow and moody grey clouds was a bit of a shocker.
I fear gardening this week may be a muddy one.
Last week I managed to create 3 Tidy Gardens and rescue 4 romantically entwined frogs who decided that passion behind the rear wheels of the car was the new bike-sheds. Then when I shifted them, still 'at it', to the back garden & the safety of the large pond they decided to lay their spawn in the small pond. This wasn't really built for them, rather for the birds to splash about in & for passing creatures to drink from. So I've rescued about a millions tadpoles-to-be from a potential frozen demise by transfering them to the large pond, which involved having to prize the blobs of jelly-goo with my hands (eugh!) off the plants they were stuck too.

Hands washed...here's a card...



Papers - Docrafts Tulip collection
Promarkers, Rik-Rak ribbon, glitter & pearly flowers


14 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Oh Jane you always give me a giggle and you haven't failed today either euuuugghhhh a froggy gang bang that's a new one I remember my dad bringing home some frog spawn when I was younger don't know why he did we don't have a pond so we kept it in a bucket (I was only small and didn't know any better) it all hatched though (if that is the right phrase) and we had dozens on tadpoles and ickle frogs next door had a pond so we sent them packing over there lol
what a beautiful card Jane oh this is so sweet love the image and how you have coloured her gorgeous.I have to change blogs so my new blog is this http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/ have a great week
We didn't have any snow yesterday thank goodness
Jacki xx

Unknown said...

gorjuss card darlinggggggggggggg - dont do frogs the frighten the life out me lol, dont ask me why, but they are proper SCAREY !!

heidy said...

Oh what a beautiful card Jane,and thanks for saving the frogs......love them......married one.....lol!
XXX Heidy

Kim said...

Jane this card is so beautiful!

Heather said...

Glad you washed your hands first!! lol. Gorgeous card, love that sparkle :)

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Your card is so very pretty I just had to tell your right away. This is gorgeous!! Now I will go back and read!!
Sandy

Sandy said...

Well Jane - all I can say is, that to frogs your are a saint. Now remember - I said TO FROGS! zi sm do glad that you did not muck up your pretty card!!
Sandy

Chrissy said...

My daughter took her boys to a new pet shop that just opened, and they had tadpoles for sale 50cents each, so Tyla spent his pocket money on these things and bought them home, all died but one, and now he has a frog called Bruce...we catch flies in nets everyday for the fat little fella...he is inside in a fish tank, great to watch, so fast at catching live flies.

Gorgeous card, love the image so much, and perfectly coloured.
I will 'HOP' off now, gotta go to work.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ali said...

Yoo hoo missus, thought you'd gone awol no facebook giggles at the weekend - lol - great photos = eugh you are brave though picking up that gunk - I couldnt have!! Gorgeous card by the way - another cutie patootie image xx - hope you are well xx

debby4000 said...

Stunning card Jane.
luv
Debby

Dawn B. said...

Ewww that would have involved gloves for me. I don't think I could have done it.. Great card. She is so sweet and I love the glitz.

Unknown said...

Eeeeeuuuuuuwwwww frog spawn yukkk. Glad there was a picture of a gorgeous card in this post too! Love the image and especially all the glitter.
Ellie Maggie x

Tracey said...

This card is one of my favs - soo pretty, pink & sparkly :D
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Alice said...

love your coloring on this, Jane! such a beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...