Saturday 12 May 2012

Don't Blow Dandelions


As a woman who has spent the past week on her hands n' knees hoicking out dandelions & other weeds, I beg you...DON'T blow dandelion seed heads.
Yes! I know the image above conjures up a sweet childhood fantasy of lazy, happy days, frolicking gaily in meadows of sweet buttercups & poppys, laughing & giggling with Gary Barlow singing 'Here Comes the Sun' at the campfire.
Hold on while I scratch the needle across the record and put an end to your daydreaming!!
Dandelions have roots to Australia (unless of course you're in Australia, then that have roots down to the UK!) You'll also wet the bed if you pick one (so I was told as a child).
Kids...DON'T blow the seed heads...get a BLOW TORCH and burn the B*****S!
I thank you!

First Edition Sweet Owl papers, Promarkers, LOTV sentiment

Entering it at -
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Pink & Girly
The Crafty Pad - We're Girly Girls
Passion For Promarkers - Special Birthdays
Papertake Weekly - Cute Cute Cute



14 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Jane! The image is so sweet and I love the sparkle you added!

JoanieMc said...

Oh, a really cute card. I love the paper piecing and the colors are great. Thanks so much for entering in the Crafty Pad Challenge this week. Hope to see more of your fabby creations here.

Hugs,
Joanie xxxx

Kelly said...

Just Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this time x

Cat's sCrap said...

Adorable card. Beautiful layout. Very girlie ! It's very successful !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Tracey said...

Hi Jane {waving}
This is gorgeous - I love the sparkle!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Chrissy said...

I'm guilty...I did it...I blew..I'm so sorry, will never do it again, cause those little devils are here in NZ as well, thousands of them, in my lawn in my gardens, in the cracks, they never cease to stop growing..but they look gorgeous on your card..gorgeous image and colouring,love her shiney hair and the sparkle.

Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Haha It was me who blow them your way lol
Gorgeous card!!!
Blowing big hand XXX your way!
Heidy

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card Jane.
luv
Debby

Jenni said...

Gorgeous, I love this. Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Charisma Cardz this week.
Jenni x

Julie said...

Awwh so gorgeous Jane- love the image and your design is fab!! Love blowing dandelions - keeps you on your knees!! Hugs, Juliexx

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Haha: I hear you, they do loook gorgeous on your card though. :-) Love this image and pink & brown is a favorite color combo of mine. Thanks for joining the Truly Scrumptious' Anything goes challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy

Dawn B. said...

I was always told the came from the UK. I wonder how they ever got here. They are a frustrating weed but my kids spent so many times picking those little weeds. Makes me smile thinking about it. This is great.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janey, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Great layout and colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Ouch! OOoch! Blow, poof! There, done it, pulled them all up out of my garden, cut all the heads off and posted them to you in a mahoosive box at the post office! Should be there round about tomorrow - cause I know how much you love the little blighters!
Gorgeeeeeous card, pink and glitter - me fave! Absolutely beautifully made card.
Ellie Maggie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...