Sunday 18 January 2015

Grrrrrr Moments

 

Oliver (4) - Copy

This card, made for my fabulous son, should have been dead easy to make but I was having ‘one of those’ days.

20150117_224451

I dusted off the ol’ Promarkers to create a background & coordinating honeycomb embellishments, using dies from Clearly Besotted

PicMonkey Collage

I used a set of Memory Box alphabet dies to cut out my sons name.
This is when it all went downhill.

20150117_224526


I stamped ‘Happy Birthday’ underneath his name & the ink smudged, so I re-stamped onto a scrap of card & stuck that on top….that looked rubbish.
Started again, only this time the ‘L’ die slipped in my Cuttlebug and his name came out all wonky.
The third attempt came out straight so I stamped the sentiment above his name & the same damned thing happened…ink smudged…Grrrr. Stamped again on a scrap & thankfully the position looked better this time.

Oliver (4) - Copy

Finally it was time to slip the background behind his name & stick on the honeycomb embellishments, except 1 of the 5 had suddenly disappeared. Mr C & I looked absolutely everywhere only to eventually find it stuck to the back of my arm!!
This card WAS made with huge amounts of love for my son
(with a whole heap of ‘Grrrrrr’ moments thrown in).

Happy Birthday Oliver….love yer!!


 

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

LOL..LOL..Oh! Jane..I can just hear your Grrr's from here. fabulous ending though..a great card and Happy birthday Oliver..

luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...