Saturday 19 September 2015

Missing You Already


So today was the day my baby girl left home for university.
I thought I'd bawl, howl, sob & not be able to let her go.... but I didn't. 
She was so excited, so ready to go, oozing with confidence and impatient for life's next big adventure. I wanted to burst with pride than into tears.
Her new home is here....


...at Royal Holloway University and....


... it's Founders building is jaw-droppingly spectacular. It's one of those buildings that you have to see to believe.
I've had a text message tonight to say 'I love it here.'...so I'm happy.


Being a sentimental ol' wotsit I made our Sophie a card and gave it to her as we left with a few 'pennies' enclosed to see her through Freshers Week.


I used the perfectly apt and cute stamp set 'Adventure is Calling' from MFT, masked off the little girl and used distress inks to create the background.


I used my Zig markers to colour her in....


...I hope you can see the colours I used.


Again I've used my Zigs just like regular markers, no water colouring.


A day I had dreaded turned out to be a beautiful day.
Our Oliver is happy as he now gets Sophie's bigger bedroom. The day hasn't ended, her bed still warm, the paint pots have been opened and already her purple walls are now a dark, slate grey. 
Two happy kids...


...what more could a mum ask for?

5 comments:

Ali said...

Love this!! Hope Sof has settled in, wonder if she has any pennies left :-). Hope Oliver enjoys his new bedroom lol xxx (is the uni very far from you??? Lastly, what has she gone to study???)

cuilliesocks said...

Hi jane, what a wonderful card, love the bright colous you've used and the image is so sweet.
That is one immpressive building, looks like a royal palace. Good luck to your daughter as she starts another phase in her life, a very exciting one at athat, Kate x

My craft pantry said...

So gorgeous! Love the colours you've used - & MFT stamp set is so cute! How exciting for your daughter & her new adventures!

I've subscribed to you blog & I'm looking forward to seeing your creations! :-)

Chrissy said...

Awww..gorgeous card Jane and never too early to miss someone..she will be fine and what a spectacular place to live..glad your Son has made himself comfortable too in his dark slate coloured bedroom..!!

luv CHRISSYxx

marilyn said...

Really cute card! Lucky girl to get to go to school in such beautiful buildings...Wow! You'll get used to the quiet in no time...enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...