Tuesday 8 March 2016

Alcohol Inks and Clingfilm



Coooooeeeey!
Welcome back to Alcohol-Inks-Anonymous.
Today's creation was made with a piece of 110sm Yupo cut down to about 4"x4".
I used the lighter weight, cheaper Yupo as I was going to be moving the inks myself.


Now for some reason my camera has completely changed the colours of the inks in the photo above. I slooshed blending solution across my Yupo and then added streaks of Raspberry (which bizarrely photographed as red!!??), Purple Twilight, Snow Cap & Silver.


I then covered the Yupo with clingfilm, scrunched it up and set it aside for 24hrs. 


After 24hrs, I carefully peeled away the clingfilm and set it aside again fo finish drying. What you're left with is a crackled look, which if you do with blues can look like ice or with greens, like foliage. It's such a beautiful effect.


To finish I used MFT's Inside & Out Stitched Square Stax and a landscape die from Memory box. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oooo!! You got such a nice result with this one! Very pretty!

My camera has an issue with colors but it is with yellows. It wants them to look super neon when they aren't. TFS!

~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

Tammy said...

Oh wow, another amazing and inspiring creation! Your creations are all beautiful!

creatingincolors said...

Another winner! I'm just loving these alcohol ink posts!

cindybearj said...

Ohhh, I love that. Yet another technique to try.

CreativSpirit said...

Jane, I have just recently found your blog and am loving what you're doing with alcohol inks. I have lots of them which have been sitting unused, both Ranger and Pinatas and you've inspired me to get them out again and use them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tracey said...

Stunning background & fantastic card :o)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jane, love the effect you've created with the cling film. fabulous colours and die, Kate x

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful! Love Your Techniques!
Thank You for sharing!

PatsyM said...

WOW Janey. I don't recall seeing your cards before. This is lovely! I'll be following you now!

Conniecrafter said...

so cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...