Saturday 10 December 2016

Dashing By With Ink Smooshing



Coooooooeeeeey!
Welcome back to my wee plot on Blogland.
I though I'd try some alternative colours for Christmas cards and now I wish I'd made all of them with these colours and with this technique coz I loved it... ink smooshing.


I used 'Wilted Violet' and 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress inks to make my background. Just 'Google' Ink Smooshing if you're not sure what it is, there are loads of videos out there that show you how to do it.


Sorry about the rubbish photo above..I was trying to show you the foiling that I used to add some sparkle to my background. It's the silver Deco Foil from Thermoweb.


I dabbed IndigoBlu Flitter Glue around my card with a bit of tissue, layed the silver foil on top (shiny, coloured-side up) and then rubbed my bone folder (or credit card if you're dead posh 😉) over the foil until it came away from the sheet.  Honestly this is so easy to do, you don't need a laminator to use the foil and the effect is quite beautiful. 


Of course the stars of my card are the polar bear and sulky penguin from MFT's 'Polar Bear Pals' and 'Toasty Greetings'. I did minimal colouring on them with Promarkers.



A few sequins to finish et voila...😆

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, fabulous card and love these colours too. Great little critters too, Kate x

Chrissy said...

WOW!!..your smooshing is sooo good and perfectly placed sequins again..love the non traditional colours and feel so sorry for the sulky penguin when the polar bear is having such a good time...fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heather T said...

Love the colours and wonderful layout in this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...