Saturday 15 September 2018

Mixed Media - Puppy Love


I can't believe it's been 4 months since my last post here. 
I've been super busy with my day job as a gardener, plus I have now got an allotment patch (insert high-pitched 'Squeal!'...lol), which has been keeping me occupied and outta mischief.


I have had a couple of framed, mixed media commissions over the summer, which I was thrilled to make, and I am now able to show you the first one today.


I was pretty much given free rein on this piece, so I went for floral and colourful.


The background paper was a beautiful 12 × 12 sheet from the First Edition 'The Promise' collection. This is such a classy selection of papers, very muted, delicate patterns that don't steal the limelight but are essential backgrounds.


I started with my image, a photograph of the recipients beloved pooch, and then gathered up my bits n' bobs to coordinate with the photo's colours.


I used Altenew's 'Floral Flurries' washi tape, sticking about a foot of it on to white card first before fussy cutting the flowery images... a very relaxing job.


I also used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts ...


...and one of my favourite stamp sets 'Beautiful Day' from Altenew.


I spent ages ...and I mean AGES...shuffling bits around before the final stick down.


I also added a wooden 'Love' sentiment, beaded pieces and some Card Candi dots, which I haven't used for ages (slaps wrist) but definitely will in the future. 


To finish, a few glittery highlights and some glassy embellishments.


Thank you for stopping by and I'll be back soon.
Have a groovy day xxx

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, spied this gorgeous make on FB earlier and loved it. Beautifully designed with all those pretty flowers and such pretty colours too, lovely doggy too, Kate x

Ali said...

This is sooooo pretty!! Gah!! I dont know where my time goes but I just dont seem to be able to find any to do any crafting - I dont know how to organise myself to find more time lol xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...