Monday 17 December 2018

Distress Oxides on Photo Paper


Ahoy and Festive Greetings!
Not long now until the big day .... Yay!


Today's cards were made using Distress Oxides, glossy photo paper and stamps from MFT. The reason for using glossy photo paper is that you get that intensity of colour from the Distress colours rather than the chalky look.



These are the colours I used and the technique was simple...just rub ink onto your craft mat, spray on water and then smoosh the photo paper in to the colour. Do one colour at a time and air dry or heat dry in between each layer of colour.


When you're all done you are left with a chalky mass of colour (interesting that some of these colours produce greens or purples in their chalky state). Grab a wet wipe and 'clean' the paper to reveal an intensely coloured, glossy look. 
*left side not wiped on above image*


Ta-Da!
I much prefer the zingy, bright colours to the chalky look but you can only do this on glossy photo paper.


Next job was to fussy-cut a heap of skiing polar bears from MFT's 'Polar Bear Pals'.
Wish I'd bought the matching dies...this killed my hands...lol


I chopped up the photo paper into smaller rectangles, stuck them to my card base, hand drew a wiggly frame then added a sentiment and my bear.


Of course, you can't have a festive card without a splash of glitter so I added Nuvo Crystal Drops in Silver Moondust for snow...


...and some Wink of Stella sparkle.


So if you like the brighter look, give glossy photo paper a try.
Meanwhile...just 8 more sleeps to go....SQUEEEEEEAL! 

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards! I've been enjoying using this set for my cards too, Jo x

Cathy said...

Fantastic cards, love the look of the inky technique, Cathy x

marilyn said...

Such a fun card! I do like the more vibrant look on photo paper...wonder if I still have any? thanks for sharing the technique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...