Friday 15 February 2019

Altenew - Beautiful Day


There's something quite special about Altenew's 'Beautiful Day' stamp set.
It's beyond beautiful.


I started by stamping the outline flower and leaf several times onto vellum with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with a glittery / white powder from Honeydoo Crafts (White Opal).


Lots of fussy-cutting later, I was ready to add a subtle pink watercolour wash, with a Zig Brush pen, to the flowers.


I literally drew a line of colour on each petal and then, with a fine wet brush, added a drop of water and let the colour wash. Easy and very satisfying.


Then it was a case of several hours pontificating over the layout, adding a couple of inked flowers (from the same set) directly on the card, and sticking it all down.


A few obligatory sequins strategically placed here n' there... et voila!
All done. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (except the sequin bit...lol)

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning card Jane, I love the floral image and so delicate looking done on velum, brilliant colour wash too. Kate x

Chrissy said...

This is just stunning..I love the stamp and the gorgeous pink..I never thought to stamp onto vellum, so there is something new for me to try.. I love the water colouring wash, it IS stimulating.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...