Sunday 5 January 2020

Layout 'Special Friend'



Hello there!
Welcome to 2020 chez moi.
Today's project is a 12" x 12" framed gift that I made for someone for Christmas using a selection of beautiful papers from AB Studio, Lemoncraft & Fabrika Decoru.


Fussy cutting on these cold, grey, winter days has become my way fav' way of cosying up & keeping myself entertained and trust me, there was HEAPS of fussy cutting on this one.


So this project all centered around the recipient's beloved hound, Harvey.


To start, I spent about 5 years (lol) pontificating over the background sheet of paper and where on the paper to place the photo. 


Then came the easy & fun bit...


...decorating.


I started by stamping some leaves from Altenew's 'Leaf Cluster' set with 'Wheat' Versamagic ink for a subtle kinda shadowy backdrop behind the photo. I also stamped & embossed the same images with WOW's 'Mojito' glittery embossing powder, die cut them, then started piecing together the layout with my fussy cut flowers & leaves from AB Studio's 'I Love You' & Fabrika Decoru's 'Sentimental Story'.


Getting the layout just right takes slightly less time than choosing the background paper...about 4.5 years. Then it's a case of sticking it all down before adding the 3D embellishments of flowers, pearls, glass gems, art stones & thread.


The finishing touches included glittery highlights and fussycut butterflies from Lemoncraft, then the whole piece was framed. 


Ta-Da!

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year to you Jane, and here you are with a beautiful picture. The floral and greenery surrounding the little dog is just beautiful, wonderful colouring and wonderfully put together, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Happy New Year my friend and what a gorgeous layout and all those gorgeous fussy cut flowers, I love to fussy cut too,beautiful papers and Harvey is adorable and you even make thread look cool, I cannot do that..a beautiful project and looks wonderful in the frame...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ali said...

Wow!! It must have taken ages to do the fussy cutting, and its all soooo neat!! xx

Sue said...

Very sweet, such pretty colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...