Friday 22 April 2011

I Must Be Getting Old...

Tiz gorgeous out today...can't belive it's still April!
Yesterday we all went to Cambridge too mingle with intellectuals & beautiful people around the university. A great day was had by all with a punt ride along the river, a spot of sun-bathing on the Uni' lawns & generally rubbing shoulders with who knows, maybe a 'genious' of the future!
Our shop-a-holic daughter 'dragged' us around the many boutiques & introduced us to Hollister which is apparently a hip n' happenin' place to be seen in. The attraction is 'minimal' low-level lighting in the shop. When I say minimal, it's sooooooooooooooo dark you need a torch to find your way around & you don't know the colour of the item you've purchased (or the price you've paid!!) until you get outside the shop. You couldn't make up this gimmick for a shop if you tried (although some mad person did!!) and the kids fall for it! Shoot! Showing my age now!!!
I've made this card for my MIL for Easter. It's Toadstool Buggies by Meljens Designs at Whimsy Stamps. I've kept it CAS as it's such a beautiful digi, coloured with Promarkers & glitter & I've cut out some of the pieces out again to give it a bit of dimension & extra flowers to finish it off.

6 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely card Jane!!!

Marlene said...

I LOVE this card! So pretty!!! that image is just too cute, too.

I hear ya on the whole Hollister thing!! I don't get it, either...though I did buy a really cute sweater there last year, and it remains one of my faves!

Sassy Cheryl said...

YOu're not getting old. I'm just glad I don't have a daughter that wants to shop in there. SO DARK and OH SO LOUD! It's terrible.

Loving this card, Janey! Super, super cute!

Unknown said...

You ole bag you are getting old !!!!

Thats why i havnt made you an easter basket rofl

hugs
Judie xx

Ps - great card !!!

Unknown said...

Jane this card is gorgeous, love Meljens designs and yes, it deserves to be CAS. Poor thing you in that awful sounding shop :), still a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do! Hugs to you, Ellie Maggie x

Faye said...

It sounds like a lurverly day and your card is lush my dear. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...