Friday 3 August 2012

Olympic Gold Medal

...And the Gold Medal for the card that's taken the longest to make goes to...
drumroll....
this one above!
I reckon it's taken me about 2 weeks... yes, you read that right... 2 weeks to make this card. You know when you go to bed and the most 'brilliantest' of ideas pop into your head and you doze off rejuvenated, inspired with mojo-overload and then when you sit there, stash poised and NOTHING happens.
I had big plans for this card, it was going to ooze chocolate, it would look almost edible. 2 weeks later, lord knows how much binned stash, glue and rejected papers I got through. I am pleased with it now but it's a million miles from my my original idea, sometime this happens...not normally for this long!
Anyway, moving on...it's much beloved's birthday next week, off to see if I can get hold of an Australian Olympic banana coloured, cycling outfit.

Lucy Cromwell Papermania papers, Promarkers,
 X-Cut punched flowers, Nellie Snellen leaf punch,
Craftwork Card sentiment, butterfly confetti


8 comments:

Tammy said...

Love, the frosting looks like you could eat it!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

I love this card! Especially the raised up icing on them--I just had to stare they were so real!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Carolyn

Chrissy said...

I will give you a gold medal Jane, those cakes look so delicious..but you may have to ask our Kiwi rowers for it..so proud.

Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Oh I know how that goes Jane !!!
But your card is gorgeous !!!!
XXX Heidy

Ali said...

I lurve!!! that image love your layout too - definately worth the stress and perceverance - if thats how you spell it - lol. Enjoy your search for lycra - however, am intrigued why australian??? Is it just for the colour to make him look like a banana???

Faye said...

Oi! Get back here with them there cakes! Scrummy. xx

Sandy said...

I think I lost my comment on this one -- so cute and I am ready to eat one of those cupcakes right now!!
Sandy

Julie said...

Stunning card, Jane - love the dimension and the frosting looks just ripe for a finger dipping!! Love it!! Juliexx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...