Saturday 22 December 2012

Let Them Eat Cake

 
NOT!
This is the warning being issued by the RSPB following the unusual rise in bird obesity in the Hertfordshire area over the past 2 years. It appears that 'someone' (their identity is not being disclosed) has being putting out 'failed Christmas' cakes, that had been rejected by the building industry as house-bricks, to the birds in the North Herts area.
It seems birds arrive in gardens in peak condition...
(Norman the pigeon)
 
...and then find themselves unable to take off, with chronic indigestion and requiring the assistance of the emergency services to air-lift them to the gym for a work-out having indulged in said festive offering.
Officials have been reassured that the cake offender, who is believed to be a cateringly-challenged female, about 21 years old (ahem!), lacking in height and with a thing for George Clooney has in fact given up entirely in her attempt to bake a Christmas cake and has been caught on CCTV this year purchasing a rather natty one from a Tesco supermarket. Despite this assurance, the public are still advised that she may be armed with a dibber or trowel so approach with caution...and if you're offered cake...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Jane, you really have made me laugh so much that my hubby had to come and have a look!!
I hope you have a good weekend.
Sue

Tammy said...

Hmmm, wonder who that could be? Norman is a handsome pigeon, bet the little gals love him!

Jenny Marples said...

I think Norman looks very content personally. In fact he looks like all his Christmases have come at once! Have a wonderful Christmas, hugs Jenny x

Faye said...

I told you... NO CAKE THIS YEAR. have a super Christmas. X

Chrissy said...

Hee..hee..that was so funny, and poor Norman...I have very drunk Sparrows here as I over did the Brandy in my over thickened sauce and it was disgusting...so I turfed it outside and the birds came swooping down on it and starting pecking their way through it..I felt terrible and kept shooing them away as I was scared what it would do to them..lol.. they keep coming back, but getting very wobbly now..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ali said...

Lol - I thought I heard the birds sigh with relief - nah am sure they;ll miss it I think it would add a bit of insulation to their little skinny bodies xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...