Saturday 26 January 2013

Loopy for Lupins

DSCF0057
Here’s one of my latest digi releases … Lupin.
Mr C & I have been increasing the number of plants in the Tidy Garden Nectar Cafe over the past couple of years (any excuse to go plant shopping really…) gathering a variety of insect attracting plants especially to help our bee population.
One of the most striking are Lupins and we’re fortunate to have a local grower (small field & a shed) who sells them for prices that would make garden centres weep with envy. So, we have got a ‘few’ (read as ‘quite a lot’) and the bees simply love them and we often just sit in the summer watching them stumble round their individual flowers prizing them open for the sweet pollen inside.
I’ve coloured this one in yellow & used it as the centre-piece for my card but I think this image would make a great embellishment too alongside a character or just a sentiment (going to try that next, I fancy doing a rich, red version).
 
You can get the Lupin digi here and you can follow all the Design Teams creation here.
Now…go dig out your seed catalogue…xx

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Simply Beautiful Jane! I loooove the soft yellow. ~jeni :)

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Jane, your colouring is just amazing!
Sue xx

heidy said...

This is so very pretty Jane,I called them diamonds plants when I was little,not so long ago hehe,because when it has rained the drops in the leaves looks like diamonds!!
XXX Heidy

Tammy said...

Just left you a comment on the other blog but had to stop by and tell you your card and image are absolutely beautiful!

Tracey said...

Beautiful Jane, I love Lupins :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...