Wednesday 7 January 2015

Stay Away From the Light!!


A (102) - Copy
So here we go…attempt number 2 at watercolours.
I was really pleased with this until Mr & Miss C said it was lacking the sun….Grrrr.
20150103_230858
So here’s how I started, watercolour paper & drizzles of masking fluid, which I left to dry over night. The masking fluid keeps areas of the paper white when you paint over it. The drizzles were eventually going to be light shimmering on the water.
20150104_151947
There are some amazing artists providing online tutorials for watercolour beginners with loads of tips & advice.
I painted the scene, using my Windsor & Newton paints, using more water than my last effort, but the sun was a later addition (one I regret). I added it after the family critiques gave me one of those looks, by which time all the paint had dried & the added sun then didn’t blend or wash out.
A few hours later I rubbed off the masking fluid.
A (102) - Copy
Here’s the end result….just don’t look at the sun!!!!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

It's beautiful Jane and I don't think I have ever seen a perfect sun..so your sun is just right.I love the clouds and colours and the shimmer on the water is wonderful..gorgeous job.

luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...