Friday 20 March 2015

Challenging Colours


It’s been a while since I took part in a crafty challenge but I rather liked this one over at Make The Day Special.

It’s a colour challenge, in fact a choice of 3 colour challenges, all out of my comfort zone.
As well as picking a colour option, you have to use a product bought at MTDS.

I thought I’d have a go at 2 of the colour options.

20150319_202841

I chose the colour challenge on the left for my first card and used stamps from the Paper Smooches ‘Botanicals 2’ set & sentiment from the Winnie & Walter ‘The Big, The Bold and You’ set

20150315_171408

These were the closest colours I could get to using Versacolor pigment inks.

20150315_171332

20150315_171250

I gave a few of the leaves a bit of extra Va-va-voom with a white Sakura.

20150315_210135

Feeling a little braver with a colour challenge, I thought I’d have ago at the middle colour option, this time using Promarkers.
Sheesh…it’s been a while since I used the ol’ girls & I don’t know why but they seemed a bit tired, dare I say ‘dated’. I think I’ve enjoyed working with inks & paints so much just lately that somehow they seem ‘so last year’ (d’ya get my drift?)

Anyway, I digress.
This floral stamp set is from Altenew, again from MTDS.

I had planned on tackling the 3rd colour option but I went down with a flu virus, so ran out of time but I might  have a go at that another day for my own personal challenge.

Catch yer next time Smile

3 comments:

Ali said...

Fab cards missus!! xxx

Kate said...

Such pretty cards Jane thanks or joining in at Make the day special stamp store :)
Kate xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Both your cards are great! I love the added white pen detail in the first - really draws the eye in. thanks for playing along at make the day special stamp store
Tara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...