Saturday 27 June 2015

Prouder Than a Proud Thing


Today is our daughter's 18th birthday and this is the card I made for her featuring a Stamping Bella Uptown Girl stamp called Abigail the Artist.
I just adore these Uptown Girl stamps as some of the sentiments are so touching. This one couldn't be more perfect as our Sof' has just finished her A-Levels , including Fine Art and is about to start the next chapter of her life, leaving home (sniff!) and going to Uni' (sniff!).
She's worked so incredibly hard and we're all so proud of her.
As I scribe, she's away on her first holiday abroad with her buddies in Tenerife, hopefully having the time of her life!


I used my new Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils to colour the image. 
I'm going to try different methods of using them...this was direct colouring before using a waterbrush pen to 'move' the colour about. 
I love these pencils!!!

Happy Birthday Sophie!!!!!
Live, Laugh, Love ....You deserve every happiness.
xxx

2 comments:

Ali said...

Great card and fab sentiment - eeeeh you dont look old enough to have an 18 year old!!! (cough!) - Hope she's having a fab time xxx

Chrissy said...

Brilliant card Jane..fabulous colouring and love the sentiment..Happy Birthday to number one Daughter..I remember my babies turning 18..over 18 years ago..sheez...now I feel old.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...