Tuesday 30 June 2015

On A Roll



Despite my crafting mojo being on a roll, this card went down like a lead balloon with those I call 'family'.
I am now officially putting myself up for adoption and seeking a family capable of hiding their gaffaws and able to hold their sniggers in.


I found this gorgeous piece of wrapping paper and used the colours for inspiration.


I used this beautiful floral stamp set called 'Peony Scrolls' from Altenew and their  'Invisible Alphabet' set for the sentiment.


I used Versacolor inks to stamp the leaves & flowers on watercolour card, embossed with clear embossing powder and 'painted', again using my new Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils. I used the same technique as my last card, slightly colouring the image then adding water with a waterbrush pen. To be honest, I'm struggling to get that proper watercolour look that I see in my head but can't get on paper. I'm not sure waterbrush pens are for me, gonna try another technique on my next card...watch this space.


So despite the rude comments from my EX- family, I'm quite chuffed with the final result. Hopefully a member of my NEW FAMILY will appreciate it for their birthday.
Right....I'm off to pack....see yer!




2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well, I will adopt you and I love your card.The flower stamp is lovely and your colouring is just gorgeous..all put together with the leaves and sentiment it's a fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Pfffph! What do families know anyway! Gorgeous and beautiful, amazing coloring too! Consider yourself adopted! Now go pick up your clothes and clean your room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...