Sunday 13 September 2015

Popping In with a Pop-Up



Ahoy!
The countdown to our Sof' leaving home for uni' is now into the final week... Sniff! Today has been a day of packing and checking that we can actually get everything she needs to take into the car. As a shoe & clothes-a-holic it's been quite a traumatic experience for her having to narrow down what to take and what to leave behind.


Can you imagine what it would feel like having to make the same decisions with our crafty stash...what to take, what to leave behind....Shudder!
Anyway, enough rambling. I've used MFT's Blissful Blooms stamp set today. I made a circle stencil using a plastic divider (scroll down to penguin post for details) and loosely taped it down with Post-It tape. 


I stamped around the stencil, masking the images and moving the tape as I went along.


I love the vibrancy of Zig Clean Color markers, so forgive me (again) for using them.


This time I remembered to photograph as I went along so you can see the colours I used.


If you're still wondering whether or not to give the Zigs a try then I really can't encourage you enough...I have no regrets except I wish I'd found them sooner.


Finally I used a brilliant die, again from MFT, called Pop-Up Birthday that leaves the bottom of each letter in tact so that the letters pop forward...Genius!


Behind the letters I stuck a small strip of card that I'd coloured with patches of colour so that they would show behind the popped-out letters.
A few clear gems, sequins and a swoosh with a Wink of Stella et voila!

Entering ths card into...
MFT Stamps Card Design Superstar contest (3rd entry)

7 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous Jane! Looooove how bright it is and the perfectly matching swatches of colour behind the pop out lettering - fab-u-lous!

Ali said...

Love, love, love it!!!

Ardyth said...

This is absolutely stunning! Good luck with the Superstar challenge!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful composition and colours! Love!
Good luck with the challenge :)

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, I just love your wonderful colourful card, the design with the floral images is gorgeous, Kate x

Zarah said...

I cannot even begin to express my love for this card. It is so HAPPY and vibrant and wonderful!
And btw: you are awful for my wallet. I NEED those zigs like crazy now...! Maybe if I am a good girl, Santa (a.k.a the husband) can bring them to me for Christmas, right? :)

Paula S. said...

Love the colorful vibrance in this. I had convinced myself I didn't need them but now I'm definitely going to need to add a set of these markers to my Christmas list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...