Tuesday 17 November 2015

Dashing by...


With 37 days until Christmas, 3 cards made and another 90ish to go I am, confident I will be done by June 2016, so there's no panic.


I've managed 2 cards today. My first card above features stamps from MFT's 'Cool Day' and Paper Smooches 'Joyful Greetings'. 


I used a smooshing technique using Gansai Tambi watercolours. If you haven't tried this before, it's a really easy way to create random backgrounds. I watered down my paints just a bit, not too much as I wanted a bolder colour and splodged paint onto a small piece of acetate then smooshed it around my paper.


It looks messy but you get a really great effect when dry.


I stamped out my images & coloured with the ol' Zig-a-Zigs, added a slope & some liquid pearly, snowy highlights.


My 2nd card was made with the same technique and the images & sentiment were from MFT's 'Dashing By'.


See what I mean about these backgrounds, so much texture and colour.


Isn't she a cutie?


There you go, 2 more cards.
Think I've got time to run a hot bath, put my feet up and chillax....Not!!!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Don't panic is right, just drink more! Love both of your cards and the backgrounds are fantastic!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, fabulous backgrounds and both cards are fabulous, love the cool frosty look. Those watercolours are on my wish list, the vibrancy of the colours looks amazing, Kate x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Jane and I love that background technique :)
Hugs
Tracey
XX

Chrissy said...

I totally love your smooched backgrounds of colour Jane and the images are too cute..fabulous scene cards and love the added sequins..my sequins!!..well, they are all over the carpet, under my desk, inside the craft cupboard...those little suckers bounce real good when you drop a full container that I finally after weeks of saying I would..bought some..now they are all hairy from the dog but useable..

luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...