Saturday 14 November 2015

You...Yes You Are Awesome!!



Yo!
I made this card for my cousin's son. I had to 'Google' what relation my cousin's child is to me... so confusing. Apparently he is my first cousin's once removed, aunt's brother's cat's half-sister's daughter-in-law....So that's cleared up any confusion.


Anyway, I digress.... his name is Jay, in case that wasn't flamin' obvious from the card, and it's his birthday. 
I used these large card letters to create masking templates...


...and little daubers to colour around the lettering with Distress inks. I used Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.


My favourite bit about this card is the sentiment and the stamp set that it came from. It's from Casual Fridays and called 'Wait For It' but I have a feeling it's been discontinued. Such encouraging words....love it!


I finished by flicking water over the distress ink to leave those splats, removed the masked off lettering and added some blue star gems.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!!

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Jane..love the masking and inking, so effective..and guess what I found,and in a local stationary store, A5 folders..yay!!..now all my dies have a new home in ring binders...but my recipe pages are now in a box as I used their binders..oh, well takeaways again tonight.

luv CHRISSYxx

Ali said...

Brilliant boys card xx

cuilliesocks said...

Totally brilliant Jane, love how you've inked this up, and the colours are fab, bet Jay loved it, Kate x

Tammy said...

Fantastic! Love the idea of masking his name and adding coloring to it! Very creative of you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...