Monday 29 February 2016

Alcohol Landscape



Welcome back.
I thought I'd try a landscape with my alcohol inks this weekend. 
I started out with a piece of 200gsm Yupo, about 5"x5". I gave it a wash of blending solution and then drizzled my colours across the paper, tipping it to help the inks move.




 Honestly, I got in a right mess, adding more ink, more blending solution whilst mumbling lots of 'Grrrrrs' under my breath as the idea in my head failed to appear.


I decided to use my TH blending tool to splodge some colours and blending solution about, desperately trying to create the vision in my head. The mess grew, as did the 'Grrrrrs' under my breath and then, as is often the case with these magical inks, something appeared. The felt fibres from my blending tool, that had annoyingly stuck to my ink, suddenly looked like twigs.


The vision in my head had gone, the inks had taken control and given me this instead. As I said before, don't be too hasty to give up with alcohol inks if it all looks like a hideous mess. Sometimes it really is worth walking away, sitting back or revisiting another day.

7 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous! Elegant landscape, well done.
Elaine

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Janey and it gives me hope! Ha! I'm just going to keep adding ink. I bought a can of air and I think I have more control, ha! As if I ever had control. Love your card!

Barb said...

I am loving your experiments with alcohol inks Janey...the results are always stunning. Now I have to find an Australian supplier of Yupo paper as anything else I have tried just doesn't cut the mustard though good quality photo paper will do at a pinch.

creatingincolors said...

Love how you created a landscape scene with alcohol inks!

cuilliesocks said...

Another fabulous pattern with those inks, and it does really look like a landscape Jane, loving what your creating Kate x

Chrissy said...

Oh! I can hear the rooster crow from here...such a beautiful country feel scene here Jane..outstanding..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cindybearj said...

Another fantastic card. It's so pretty. I HAVE to get out my alcohol inks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...