Tuesday 1 March 2016

Surf's Up!



I thought I'd have another go at a seascape as I just love the blues in the alcohol ink collection, plus I've now got my inky fingers on the white Snow Cap Mixative.


I used much the same technique as yesterday's post, coating my 200gsm Yupo with blending solution before drizzling streaks of ink ... Aqua, Pool & Stream.
Again I tipped my paper from side to side and puffed the inks about to help some areas to dry quicker & therefore add a kind of texture. I then added the Snow Cap, more blending solution and puffed like crazy. 


Here's a real close of the dried ink..... I think it looks really 'oceany' and that Snow Cap gives a real frothy, white water feel.


To finish, I used a stitched die from MFT to create the framework & a wavy die and sentiment from Clearly Besotted.
Did I mention I love alcohol inks?

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning Kate x

Chrissy said...

Brilliant...those blues are to die for, what a wonderful card Jane..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Barb said...

Absolutely stunning...the colours remind me of the waters off Tahiti. Love how the white adds the wave caps.

creatingincolors said...

Beautiful! Love that combination of colors and the waves!

cindybearj said...

Did I mention that I love that you love alcohol inks? This is so awesome. I don't think I have that mixative so now I NEED that! Beautiful card!

Sam said...

Absolutely gorgeous! May I ask what you recommend for sealing alcohol inks on Yupo paper? Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...