Wednesday 2 March 2016

Red Sky At Night...



I thought I'd have another go at a landscape.
This is a 5"x5" piece of 200gsm Yupo.


I swished streaks of colour across the paper first this time and then drizzled blending solution on top (so the other way round from my 2 previous cards). Simple tipping the card to n' fro, adding more ink and then finishing with a fine mist of blending solution in the sky.


I used MFT's Inside & Out Stitched Square Stax to give my image a more elegant edge and added a sentiment from Paper Smooches.

Please trust me when I say that alcohol inks do all the hardwork. I merely drizzle, swish and tip my paper from side to side and up and down. The inks create all the magical effects and not me. I really do encourage you to give them a go.

11 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

I'm lost for words! This is just amazing!
Elaine

Chrissy said...

Oh! it IS..a red sky at night...so beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Barb said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jane like your ocean blues card.

Ali said...

Loving this and your sea version - I dont know about on cards they should be in a gallery !!!

christi said...

wow, janey, these just get better and better. I need to get some of that yupo and play.

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Jane gosh it seems an age since I have been over here to say hello (hello btw!!!!)
What a stunning card and never mind whether the inks have done all the magic you put it together so take the credit it's gorgeous
Jacki

cuilliesocks said...

Totally stunning Jane, what brilliant colours and I'm blown away with the design, Love it to bits, Kate x

Anne said...

This is gorgeous - would you be able to tell me the colours that you used?

cindybearj said...

Wow, how beautiful! You've really got that technique down. I love it so much!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...love the effect!

fairysparkle said...

Beautiful work I just love it .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...