Thursday 3 March 2016

In a Galaxy, Far, Far Away...


Me again...with the ol' alcohol inks...I know...I can hear the yawns from here ...lol.
I've 'attempted' landscapes, oceans and fiery red skies this week so today I thought I'd go all cosmic and try a galaxy.
This is 4.5"x4.5" piece ogf 200gsm Yupo and I used Pitch Black, Silver, Snow Cap & Slate.


I wish I had some kind of video device to show you how I made this, & all of my other inkings, just to prove how what often looks like a complete disaster one minute is really worth putting aside and returning to and carrying on with later. I started with a sloosh of blending solution all over the paper and then randomly drizzled the inks, sometimes tipping the paper, sometimes puffing the inks about. The Snow Cap & Silver appear to fizz as they move about. If I wasn't happy with a certain section, I either added more ink or more blending solution. 


Pitch Black actually has pinky / purpley hues to it as it bleeds into the blending solution. 
If you are having a go with alcohol inks on Yupo and you think all you're creating is a mess then I beg you not to throw it away. Walk away, let it dry, come back and add more ink, more blending solution, puff, dab, sprinkle. I'm sure you'll find something amazing will suddenly emerge. 

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

This takes my breath away Jane, the colours are out of this world, and the little sequins are a wonderful tough. I'm certainly not bored, every ink pattern is so different and the colours you use are amazing.
Still not got my inks yet, but going to the big Glasgow Craft Fair tomorrow, so I'll have a look for a few there.
Keep them coming, Kate x

Cindy said...

Do you have any plans to do a video so we can see how you accomplish this and is Yupo watercolor paper? I do so enjoy watching artists create.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just amazing - came over thanks to Heather Telford and decided I can't miss any more of our wonderful cards :)

Chrissy said...

OH!..I feel like I'm in a star wars movie..absolutely gorgeous..I could just put my hand in the middle as it looks like a hole filled with cloud..amazing colours..I love this one with all the sequin planets..wonderful.

Luv CHRISSYxx
PS..I found yupo paper in New Zealand, and inks that are local, so I will get round to playing soon..the thicker yupo must be more like card eh!..as it looks thick.

Ali said...

Another great make you get such a great effect x

christi said...

love this! stary night came to my imagination when I first saw it. awesome. love the play.

OH Babs said...

Your cards are incredible Janey.

creatingincolors said...

No yawns here! I am thoroughly enjoying your beautiful alcohol ink creations and pinning them in one place for future reference! Keep 'em coming!

marilyn said...

Absolutely no yawns...even though it's early morning! Love your work and alcohol inks...glad you've reminded me to use mine & try some new colors as well. This is a great piece of art...keep them coming!

Julie said...

Stunning Jane, my credit card has taken a hit today!! xx

cindybearj said...

I absolutely love this. I love galaxy cards and this one is one of the best, most realistic ones I've seen. I never get bored with looking at your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...