Friday 4 March 2016

The Old Tree



Welcome back...I hope you're not getting too drunk on all these alcohol ink cards.
This is another 5"x5" piece of 200gsm Yupo, which initially started out as as landscape scene that I completely hashed up and left to dry while I pondered its fate.


At stage it was a splodgy mess of Citrus, Lettuce & Teakwood...and I mean a right ol' mess!! Anyway, I thought I'd try adding Watermelon to create a sky and then before I knew it I had turned into an old tree in an autumn forest instead.  


I used my TH felt applicator tool, which again like an earlier card, decided to shed its fibres into the drying inks, but hey...I didn't mind, it just added a twiggy texture.
Have a great weekend everyone. I hope you'll let me know of any inky creations you have to share.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

AWESOME!!..wickedly gorgeous colours and Autumn is my favourite season..the more you stare at it, the more you see..it could almost be alive..love it Jane..

luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous colours Jane and amazing design, love it, Kate x

cindybearj said...

That is so beautiful. If you had tried to make the tree from the first you couldn't have done any better!

TaeEun said...

This is awesome, Jane!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...