Friday 18 March 2016

Dotty About Alcohol Inks


Cooooooeeeeeey!
Me again....with another alcohol ink creation.
I started this one by simply drizzling blending solution across my piece of 4.5"x4.5" piece of Yupo. I used the heavier weight 200gsm version as I wanted to run it thru' my Cuttlebug at the end.


I added streaks of Raspberry & Purple Twilight and puffed the colours about with my TH air spritzer until dry.


I should have called it a day at this point but oh no...stoooopid me got carried away, added more ink and ruined it....Grrrrr....


Even my toothbrush-ink-flicking went wrong....more Grrrrs!


But I followed my own advice and left it for a couple of days to see if it could be salvaged. 


I used my alcohol ink pen, filled with blending solution, to apply small dots of liquid and soon fell in love again with my disaster.


I used MFT's Stitched Inside & Out Square STAX to give the Yupo an elegant edge and added a silver, glittered, die-cut, birthday sentiment from Clearly Besotted.
I'm so glad I didn't ditch this.

7 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Breathtaking - wanted to pull my alcohol inks out tonight and then I got distracted .... I don't think I can create anything even close to this - fabulous!!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Just fabulous Jane, the patterns are brilliant and what colours.
I bet this is how Jackson Pollock started out and look at him now, never know where your patterns can lead, the Guggenheim perhaps, Kate x

conil said...

Drop dead gorgeous. You seem to place those alcohol dots in just the most perfect spots to create this incredible card.

cindybearj said...

I'm glad you didn't ditch this too.The colors and textures are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

LOVE what you are doing with alcohol inks! And I agree, the "let it sit for awhile and come back to it" is a never-fail strategy.

christi said...

i like the disaster look. they are my fav colors so that could be part of it. very cool. can't wait to find yupo nearby.

Aileen said...

absolutely in love with this card Janey xxx Aileen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...