Sunday 13 March 2016

Stamping With Masking Fluid...


...and of course Alcohol Inks.
 For this card I used a 4.5"x4.5" piece of lightweight Yupo.


I quickly scribbled a Molotow Masking Fluid pen onto my stamp, in this case Altenew's 'Doodle Blooms', and gently pressed it onto my Yupo.
Of course you can simply draw any design you like with masking fluid directly on to the Yupo, but for this technique I wanted to show how you can incorporate your stamps from your crafty stash.


Don't press too hard...just gently.
You need to do this bit really quickly before the fluid drys on your stamp but don't fret if it does, just wipe it off, start again and work even faster!
If you've missed bits then just use the pen to fill in the gaps. 
Run your stamp under the tap to rub off the remaining masking fluid, it comes off really easy and doesn't ruin your stamps.


Leave to completely dry. 
An old, hard paint brush is perfect for rubbing away any stray masking fluid and to neaten any untidy lines.


I drizzled Citrus ink and moved it about until dry with my trusty air spritzer.


Then I repeated the same process with Lemonade.


Next, with the aid of an old toothbrush, I intended flicking Citrus ink across the Yupo to create a speckled effect. As you'll see I've actually flicked Raspberry instead, the reason being is I didn't clean the brush from my previous 'play session' and the Citrus reactivated the Raspberry ink that I'd used before.
Oh well...


...moving on....


I used my alcohol pen, that's filled wih blending solution, to add tiny, bleached dots.
When it was all completely dry I gently rubbed of the masking fluid with my finger and a baby wipe to reveal my stamped image. 


As per with the lightweight Yupo, I stuck it onto a scrap of white card before adhering it to my card base. A few strategically placed blobs of silver glitter and this card was finished.

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I totally had no idea you could stamp with that masking pen. Thanks for sharing this tutorial and great card!

creatingincolors said...

Stamping with masking fluid - never gave that a thought! I love this look and will have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, another fab technique, gorgeous card and colours are wonderful. You are a whizz with all this experimenting, brilliant, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Finished and gorgeous Jane..fabulous technique and love the colours..

luv CHRISSYxx

cindybearj said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I so enjoy your work with alcohol inks!

Tammy said...

I love what the raspberry brought to the card, just the right accent! Beautiful card!

Cindy said...

Great technique!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love how this turned out...pretty...
TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...