Sunday 2 October 2016

A Blessing of Unicorns


Ahoy!
I made this card for my slightly (ahem!) crazy friend Beth.
I 'met' Beth several years ago online, she's a fellow gardener living on the other side of the pond, a daylily addict, painter and photographer (well at least as far as I know, she might actually be a tattooed truck driver called Dave from Birmingham with a penchant for ferrets...lol).
She (or he) is also rather fond of unicorns, so when I saw this stamp set from MFT I knew I had to have it.


I started by stamping the different unicorns on to full-sticky post-it notes and then fussy cut them to make masks. 


Here's the stamp set.....cute innit.


I simply stamped the unicorns, masking as I went along.
I stamped one unicorn onto a piece of card, fussy cut, coloured and then added that one with foam pads to make it stand out from the rest.



I hope Dave  (cough!) Beth liked her card. He / she is 'One of a kind'.

Edit. This card when missing en route between Stevenage UK and Senoia USA...Grrrr

7 comments:

Ali said...

Fab card - tis a lovely set!! Hopefully it will turn up xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, brilliant fun card, such a cute little image, beautifully designed and coloured, I'm sure your friend will love it, hope you are having a great day, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Such an eye catching card. Love the background and all the masking is fabulous. Great idea to raise the one unicorn and add a touch of colour. The most perfect sentiment....Sorry it got lost in the post x

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

I have it under good authority that Dave likes hamsters, not ferrets :-) Fun post. fun card!

Chrissy said...

Doesn't that make you want to spit tacks when things go missing or don't turn up..fabulous card Jane..love the stamping and masking and great idea with the one popped up..really cute.

luv CHRISSYxx

christi said...

sometimes unicorns have a way of disappearing. cute card.

conil said...

Personally, I think your unicorn flew off with it. Undoubtedly wanted to keep it for itself...I would. Told you I liked it before but after seeing it in a bigger picture, I've changed my mind. I now LOVE it...so graphic, whimsical and clever. So sad that the mails lost it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...