Saturday 3 September 2016

Beach Deco Alcohol Inks



Welcome back to Alcohol-Inks-Anonymous but more importantly the arrival, chez moi, of Ranger's latest, scrummiest, oh-so-fabulous alcohol inks.
There are 6 more to add to your essential collection and they can be bought seperately or slightly cheaper, in 2 sets of 3, called Beach Deco and Spring Break.


This is the Beach Deco kit which contains Flamingo, Patina & Amethyst.
I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE these colours and if you look here at Lord Holtz teasing video, you will see how perfectly the colours fit into the rest of the range available.
Honestly, if you've not given the ol' alcohol inks a go yet then why not give 'em a go now. Don't be afraid to experiment, these little bottles will last yonks. A teeny, tiny drop goes a long way and you can create some spectacular patterns. Click on the 'Alcohol Inks' label in the side bar & it should take you to earlier posts with some ideas on how to use them.



For my card today I dripped a drop or 2 of 1 colour on Yupo and puffed it about with my Tim Holtz air spritzer. I then repeated the process with the next colour. If you add the second colour while the first is still 'wet' you can get some beautiful, swirling effects as the colours meet. I used my alcohol ink pen, filled with blending solution, to add those dots. You can also use an old fine paint brush, toothpick or similar to pick up a minuscule amount of blending solution to create the same look.
To finish I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Carnation Pink and White Blizzard just for a spot of texture.
No sentiment, I'll leave that until another day.

6 comments:

Ineke said...

Georges!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colours and love the added pearl drops oh Queen of inks.

Luv CHRISSYxx

conil said...

Delighted that I got these...you're right, pure gorgeousness.

Jeni said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Love this technique, I may have to try this. ~jeni :)

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Jane, good to see you back here and with such a gorgeous card. Colours are wonderful and it's such a fabulous design, Kate x

Tracey said...

Brilliant technique Jane!
I hope you've had a lovely weekend & have a great week :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...