Thursday 1 September 2016

Nuvo Crystal Drops by Tonic Review



I know, I know! 
Nuvo Crystal Drops from Tonic have been around for yonks. I am, as per, late to the party but hey! That's how I roll.
I should point out that I have not been asked, bribed or given any of these pots of lush, luciousness to review. I have only just discovered them, having had my crafty head buried in the sand, so this review is only intended for my fellow 'late to the party' crafting amigos.


So first up, you need them all...yes ALL of them. It's the law. You will get away with owning just one or two for a short while, but eventually the police will turn up at your door demanding to see your full collection, so be warned.


Before we get on to the contents of those plastic bottles, let's look at the lids.
If you're not a crafter then buy them just for lids people!!!
I swear they're the finest cut diamonds on top and not fake glass imitations.


If you are a crafter then the contents of the bottles are an added bonus.
There are about 50 colours in the collection in either a gloss, pearly or glittery finish. If you like using enamel dots, glitter or pearl gems on your crafty projects then you need these (plus it's the law to own them ALL remember!) 
Each bottle holds 30ml / 1fl oz.


You can create a dot in any size and apply direct to your project or make them up on a craft sheet, leave to dry overnight, then peel them off the next day ready to stick on with a blob of glue.


They form into perfect enamel shaped domes; no peaking, splodging or odd shapes and they'll save you an absolute fortune compared to enamel dot packs (plus the law states every household must have them, remember!) 


There's even a Clear colour option that looks like rain drops. If you add a drop of Clear immediately on top of a colour it creates a perfect two-tiered dome effect.


Now I must apologise at this stage for my dreadful photography and colour images. I was trying (and failed miserably) to show you the true colours up close but that shouldn't really matter. You need / have to own the WHOLE collection anyway.


There are a tonne of videos out there with brilliant tips n' inspiration on using these bottles of fabness, from creating different 'blob' shapes to mixing colours. 
 In summary, Nuvo Crystal Drops are the meaning to life, the Universe and Everything. (Think that sums it up!)

I got mine from Cutting Edge Crafts as they were cheaper than everywhere else on the planet at £1.89 per bottle.

Go get yours before the cops call.






9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think your review is perfect. I have heard of these, but not a lot, so it is new info for me!

Karen said...

This is a new product to me, as well. Thank you so much for sharing! I have been hesitant to buy the expensive sheets of accents because I often only need a few dots of a wild color in a certain size that fits a specific need. This product is ideal for me.

Chrissy said...

You ARE crazy...you know that don't you?..but I love ya all the same and such a fun and inspiring post..I just bought a set of similar stuff but they a pearl drops, but nice colours, and cheap as chips which is something you don't get over here too often..love the effect you got with the clear over the top of the colour..I cannot do that as I do not have clear..mmm...maybe glossy accents would work..I'll let you know..off to lock up now before the cops arrive here..

luv CHRISSYxx

conil said...

Excellent review...think I'll be ordering mine in stages though. Too many of those diamond tops may cause temporary blindness.

marilyn said...

I bought some a few weeks ago as I wanted the crystal drop effect. Must be user error, but I'm not impressed. The red was more satisfactory, but the clear...not so much. Would not buy again.

creatingincolors said...

You are so funny - and 100% right about these crystal drops! I saw the need and have a drawer full of colors. Life is good.

Unknown said...

I love the nuovo drops I have the whole lot of them they are a great buy

Anonymous said...

Just recently found your blog and I love it - and your sense of humour is fabulous! I so much enjoy you...
kara

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love your description..Its perfect and yet we need them all. After all we dont want the police turning up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...