Tuesday 18 October 2016

Birthday Tweetings



Greetings residents of Earth and welcome back to my wee bloglet.
Today I have a card to share featuring a whole heap of fabness from My Favorite Things.


I used 'Bold Blooms' and 'Tweet Friends' (stamps & dies) plus the 'Cheerful Cages' dies to match.


I stamped the flowers with Versacolor inks in Canary, Orange, Topaz & Paprika. I love these little inks because a) they're dead cheap, b) there are so many colours to choose from c) the colours are really rich and d) they always stamp perfectly without blotching.


I then die-cut the 2 cages from silver card, used an adhesive spray to add glue to the back of them and then adhered them, the die-cut flowers & birds to my card base. 
I coloured the birds with Mango & Mustard Promarkers.


Thanks to Seven Hills Crafts for the inspiration in my colour choice. They have a challenge going on until the 25th October to make something using products that they sell in their shop with at least 3 colours from one of the options below.


I've gone for the middle option. 


A few sequins and a white, heat embossed sentiment from the 'Tweet Friends' set... et voila! 
I really enjoyed making this card.



8 comments:

Esther said...

I really love this card, Janey! Great colour choice, and a beautiful design. Those stamp sets and the dies combine so well together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)

cuilliesocks said...

Such a pretty card Jane, fabulous colours and images, love it Kate x

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card.
Love the birds and those foiled birdcage dies...so fun

Unknown said...

Oh wow, love love love the way you used the color scheme. And the clean and simple design, with the large amount of white space, just speaks to my CAS-loving soul. Thanks so much for playing in our Seven Hills Crafts challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear JAAAAANNNEE, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
Fantastic card & I love the dimension :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marina said...

I love this cas design with the splashes of colour. I hope you don't mind I've pinned it for inspiration.

Jenny said...

I just love how you've used the colours in such a CAS way on your card... so pretty and a beautiful design too :)
Thank you for playing along with our colour challenge this month at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x

Esther said...

A quick return visit to say well done on being a runner up in our monthly challenge at Seven Hills Crafts! It's a super card and I'm so glad you entered :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...