Saturday 1 July 2017

Die-Cut Layering & Personalising Cards


I love making personalised cards, adding the recipients name and with a theme that they will recognise & love. I made this one for my daughter Sophie, who turned 20 this week.


Sadly Sophie has a rare condition called 'Succulentcactism' which means she's addicted to succulents and cacti. Unfortunately, like my addiction to all things 'planty', there is no cure but you'll never hear her bang on about it, she suffers silently. Such a shame..... she's so brave... lol. 


So to make this I cut a piece of card the same size as my card base and stamped out my images using MFT's 'Sweet Succulents' stamp set. I coloured with Zig Brush Markers and then die-cut Sophie's name with Altenew's 'Bold Alphabet' dies.


I also die-cut her name from white Funky Foam. I adhered the card panel to my card base, stuck the foam letters down first and then the coloured letters on top, which gives the card a lovely dimension.


I added some white gel pen highlights, Wink of Stella glittery sparkle (doesn't show up in photos though) and a few clear sequins.


Et Voila!
Now I have to tend to a poorly daughter with a trip to a garden centre...Ha! Ha!
Have a great weekend everybody x

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, what a fabulous card, I love how you makes these and the plant images are just so perfect for your daughter, she is bound to love her card, great colouring too. Happy Birthday to Sophie and hope she feels better soon, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Jane..love the dimension in the name and great colouring....my son loves succulents and has them on his kitchen window sill..about the only thing he takes care of except for me..lol..have fun at the garden centre..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mac Mable said...

Your post made me chuckle...hope they find a cure for your daughter? lol x What a unique and personal card. So effective and with great colouring and layout x

Miranda said...

Hi Jane, recently found your blog and like your style. I have a question about the stencil technique using Liquitex extra heavy gloss gel medium. Will it also work with the ' normal' gloss medium from Liquitex? Maybe than drying time will be less long? Hope you can help me? Thanks in advance, creative regards Miranda

Dotty Jo said...

Simply stunning! Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...