Sunday 27 August 2017

Alcohol Inks - No 2


Ahoy!
Today I'd like to share 'No 2' in my series of alcohol paintings. 
I've thought long and hard about naming each of my pieces but having showed one particular painting recently, it seems that everyone sees something different in abstract art. 
It's amazing how our minds work and what our eyes sees.


For example, in this piece my son sees outer space, my daughter sees pebbles and I see a dream (I'm the weirdo in the family), but others can see slices of agate, smoke and a puppy (lol...???!!)


I have decided to just number my paintings for the purpose of identifying them for selling. 
What you see and what you love in a painting is more important than me giving it a name badge.
You can give it your own name when it's hung. 


So that's all the deep n' meaningful bit out of the way...let's get on to the nitty gritty.
This is a 9" × 12" alcohol ink on Yupo. I used Teakwood, Espresso, Pitch Black & Slate Adirondack inks & 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol.


Pitch Black & Slate release some beautiful colours as they disperse...that's where the reds, blues and greens come from. It's just a matter of getting the inks to work with the alcohol to move and create the different effects. I also blow the inks about too. Teakwood is quite a 'sticky' ink and I love the way it leaves textured edges around the shapes.


Here's the final piece with gold, foiled highlight, before framing and adding its protective layers of varnish & UV protection.


Framing is a special part of the creation. 

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Naming your works of art by numbers sounds good to me x Love the idea of us seeing different things and leaving it up to us x Thank you for the little tips along the way with how the different inks re-act etc. Absolutely stunning work of art ...love the colours you've used and so different to number 1. No favourites...of course! The gold foil in this one makes it extra unique and what amazing effects you've achieved. Thanks for sharing x May I ask what varnish you used....After this stunning piece of art I would be hesitant to put anything on it! x

Chrissy said...

I can see a sleeping puppy too..but what I can really see are the colours, deep,rich and gorgeous and the tiny paths of gold..so beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

It's a stunning piece of artwork Jane, the colours are amazing, so rich, the black frame is brilliant, afraid I'm not seeing anything, but an amazing creation, Kate x

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...