Wednesday 13 September 2017

Alcohol Inks - No 4


Wednesday is almost over, which means the weekend is almost here again...Yay!
I have another alcohol ink painting to share with you today... No 4.
Just to explain, if you're not a regular stalker visitor to my blog, I have decided to number, rather than name, my 'abstract' pieces as we all seem to see different things in paintings.


Believe it or not, I just used Adirondack Slate & Pitch Black this time. Both colours have an amazing mix of other colours in them that are revealed as they bloom. This is a 9" × 12" sheet of Yupo.


I used 91% Rubbing Alcohol and blew the inks around with my Tim Holtz air spritzer gadget.


These are just some close-up photos to show you the range of colours that come from black and grey.


The movement of the inks is intoxicating, as are the fumes, so for gawds sake, make sure you work in a well ventilated room. I have the windows and doors open as well as a fan on full blast. You gotta be VERY careful!!


I added silver foil highlights for that final touch.


So here's No 4, varnished and with a UV protective coating, in a frame.
Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for visiting.






4 comments:

Ali said...

I think this is my favourite so far x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely amazing patterns in your creation Jane, it's a dramatic piece of work, with fabulous movement, Kate x

conil said...

Fell off my chair when I saw this one on IG. After I picked myself up and wiped the drool from my face, I began seeing all the little details, i.e., the bloom of copper-ish color, the bubbles and the glint of luxurious silver. It is much better up close, though...extraordinary work. You win the Master of Yupo and Alcohol Inks prize AKA MYAI.

Mac Mable said...

Amazing what 'other' colours you get from just using the two colours. I absolutely love this one and of course you shouldn't have favourites but this is mine x Eye catching and so very unique x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...