Friday 19 January 2018

Fav' Son's 18th


Today is a very special day in our house...our son's 18th birthday.
I know what you're thinking....how can a spring-chicken like myself, possibly have an 18 year old child (Cough!)


Moving on (Cough!)
Now the whole planet knows that finding the right card for a male is almost impossible. Cute cards just don't cut it anymore and he's not into the stereotypical male card activities of sailing or beer drinking, so for a while I just sat staring at my desk....I say 'a while'....I mean 'for EVER!'


With my new 'mixed-media' head on I eventually decided on this...


I started by adding a brick textured effect background to my piece of card with Light Paste and a Tim Holtz stencil. I used the tiny square border stamp from MFT's 'Whimsical Greetings' to frame the photo, attached it all to a piece of black card, then flicked black & white ink splatters everywhere...


...and I mean EVERYWHERE!!! 
I need to practise my flicking technique...lol.


The handsome creature in the photo is my gorrrrrrrrjuss son Oliver...truly a Limited Edition.


If you do read this Oliver (which I know you won't coz it's uncool to follow your mum's blog)...then Happy Birthday kiddo.
Love you loads!!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Super project for Oliver Jane..gosh, he is like you isn't he and niether of you can give me a thick ear I'm too far away..lol..Happy birthday Oliver..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marti_L said...

Janey, you are so right on about making a masculine card for young men, but I think you hit the problem head on with this card! The graphics are great, as are the black and white elements. Is the name of the stamp set by MFT, “Whimsical Elements”? I was unable to locate it on their website. Thanks for the lovely inspiration.

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant piece of creativity Jane, a brilliant card for Oliver, super design and love the mono colours. Hope he has a super birthday, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...