Saturday 3 February 2018

Precious Memories


I made this mixed media heart for my mother-in-law for Christmas.
She's a very special person and amazing at 93...yes...93!


One of her fav' colours is blue and I found these really pretty flowers from 49 & Market (Blue Hawaiian Mixology).


I started with a small, white, wooden heart, prepped it with white gesso and then applied white, crackle paste.


As with my previous projects I used a selection of wedding embellishments, table confetti, jewellery pieces and gems.
Oh....and sisal...don't forget the sisal.


I added a little frame that I'd also covered in white crackle paint.


I love crackle paste... 


The photo is of my father-in-law who sadly I never met as he passed away when my husband was only 10.
Like most photos, it was tucked away in a box, so it was nice to be able to include it.
Thanks for stopping by x


1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, what a beautiful make, gorgeous embellishments and so personal for your MIL and what a grand age she is. So sad your husband lost his Dad so young, I'm sure your MIL will love it, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...