Friday 2 March 2018

Don't Forget To Fly - Mixed Media


Oh boy! Did I step outta my comfort zone big time on this!?
It all started with a storm a few weeks back and part of next door's tree falling apart.
A 3ft piece of bark was stripped away from the trunk in the high winds and, being the collector / hoarder of all things random that I have become, I rescued it and bought it inside to dry out. 


I covered a 8" × 12" blank canvas with Gesso, added a central area of white crackle paste and stencilled a flowery background with Light Paste. I used Dark Chocolate Impasto paint to highlight the crackle paste cracks and then began adding my embellishments, starting with bits of that gorgeous bark.


I think I added everything plus the kitchen sink on this!
Art stones, glass stones, wooden embellies, glass glitter, sisal, Nuvo Crystal Drops and  Embellishment Mousse, flowers from 49 & Market, Christmas Cracker remnants (yes, I'm a hoarder) and waxes. 


I found a stamp set called 'Don't Forget to Fly' by Prima / Finnabair and almost cried.
Think I was having a 'hormonal moment' when I saw it and the sentiments just set me off....I know...daft bugger!


As well as the sentiments, the set also includes this beautiful, large, central image and some dainty butterflies. I stamped a whole heap of those with white embossing powder onto Vellum and then fussy cut them.


So there you have it.
This mixed media lark is such fun, if a little emotional...lol.


The sentiment says it all.



4 comments:

jc2711 said...

Just beautiful. I would give your canvas house room!!
I went on a Finnabair workshop, enjoyed it thoroughly, bought loads of stuff and done nothing with it.

Jackie

Anne Agar-krill said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.So inspiring .Love all the bits and pieces you added.Lots of interest without being over whelming.Look forward to seeing more.I will always love seeing your alcohol ink work though.

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Jane this is a stunning canvas, a real work of art. so much detail to it, and I also love the colours, love the neutral shades, Kate x

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful and amazing project Jane..I just love everything about it..the textures and colours and half a tree and those beautiful vellum butterflies and all those little dtails..just beautiful, I love this..very much.

luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...